Articles: REINZ News
Drought Declarations in March Dominate Rural Marketplace
• 8,128 houses sold in March 2013, an increase of 23% on February and up 11% on the same month last year, the largest number of sales in a single month since May 2007
• 6,632 houses sold in February 2013, an increase of 34% on January and up 7.5% on the same month last year
• National median house price up 7.6% compared to February 2012, Auckland up 14.3%; the national median house price is $7,000 below the record set in December 2012
• Stratified Housing Price Index reaches new record high of 3,544.9
• New record median house price for Canterbury/Westland
• Sales by auction increase by more than 80% in February 2013 compared to February 2012
Solid Start For Real
Estate Market In 2013
Strong Finish For Real Estate Market In 2012
Robust November Real Estate Market Leading Into Christmas
Spring Real Estate -
Market Roars Into Life
Lack Of Listings Impacts On September Real Estate Market
August Real Estate Market Sets Strong Platform For Spring
Emerging Caution Balances Recent Gains in Property Market
The underlying strength of the residential housing market is being reflected in an increase in sales in April and a steadying of the national median house price at near record levels.
January 2012 data from the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (REINZ) indicates a positive start to the year in the residential housing market, with 4,073 unconditional sales for the month.
Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (REINZ) data on the New Zealand housing market for December 2011 showed 5,316 unconditional sales for the month, up 919 sales (+20.1%) compared to December last year. The December transactions figure is the best December result since 2007. The national median house price eased by $12,500 to $355,000 (-3.4%) in December compared to November and is up just $3,000 (+0.9%) compared with December 2010.
Excellent spring growing conditions, favourable product prices, low interest rates and good banking support have created an ideal climate for land transactions
Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (REINZ) data on the New Zealand housing market for November 2011 showed 6,008 unconditional sales for the month, up 870 sales (+16.9%) compared to November last year.